Development Team Leader
Opora is a fast-moving company, creating the next generation of Cyber Threat Intelligence technologies and delivering them to our expanding list of international clients. We’re at the forefront of multiple technology trends, uniquely combining Cloud Computing, Big Data, Machine Learning, and other cutting-edge fields into an intelligent, dynamic, and robust Cyber Threat Intelligence platform running on the global cloud.
We are looking for a talented Development Team Leader to lead our R&D team. As a Development Team Leader, you’ll manage software R&D projects, contribute to product strategy and help develop a team of seasoned software, QA and DevOps engineers. Opora R&D teams work across a broad variety of technology subjects, such as information retrieval, machine learning, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data analytics, user interface design and more.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of non-functional user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Conduct code reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget. Provide third-level support to business users. Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience managing teams of 8 or more developers.
- Familiar with agile based project management disciplines (Scrum, SAFe etc)
- Large scale systems and Big Data design experience.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of cloud-based products (GCP / AWS).
- 3+ years of professional Web application development experience
- 2+ years of experience with SQL-based database technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (e.g. Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB)
- 2+ years of experience building REST API with known frameworks
- Excellent understanding of version control with Git
- Deep understanding of HTML5 including mobile-first / Responsive Web design, DOM scripting, cross-browser compatibility
- Experience CSS3 including advanced layout techniques (e.g. Flexbox, Grid) and preprocessors (e.g. Sass, LESS)
- 2+ years’ experience in React / Angular 7+
- Fluent English and effective written and verbal communication skills